Looking back on my 8th grade ELA class I realized how many valuable lessons I have learned and great memories I have made. I know I have not always been into the curriculum or the assignments that we had to do, but Ms. Galang and my peers would always have a way of making me get interested in the subjects and making me want to do the work. One of the best valuable lessons I have learned in ELA class is that you shouldn't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone because chance are it will turn out good. I learned this when we did out poetry unit and had to complete our final poetry project. I hated, hated writing poetry so much and was very self-conscious about the poems I had writen. When it came to doing the project I really wanted to do well, so I pushed myself and tried really hard to write poems I was proud of and in the end I got a really good grade on the project and was happy with the work I turned had turned in. Another great memory I had in ELA class was when we wrote our picture books then went and read them to younger children. I really enjoyed interacting with the kids and seeing what they thought of my book.
I do have a lot of hopes and goals for reading in writing that I really want to accomplish through my high school years. In reading I definitely want to increase my reading to at least an hour a night with any type of text. I also want to push myself to read genres that I may not enjoy as much (sci-fi, fantasy, etc.) In writing I want to continue to push myself to write pieces that are outside of my comfort zone. I also want to spend more time on the pieces I am writing and not just meet the requirements but exceed them.
Summer Reading:
- I Was Here by Gayle Forman
- OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- A Love that Multiples by Jim Bob and Michelle Dugger
No comments:
Post a Comment