Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Author's Note (Draft)

          Bullying is a major issue that is affecting children of all ages worldwide. This is an on going issue because children are not reporting this issue as it is witnessed. Many children that are bullied do not have the courage to stand up for themselves and the bystanders do not speak up in fear that they will be bullied too. 

          In Elementary school I myself was never bullied, but I did witness a lot of bullying and people not standing up for themselves or one another. I always knew that what I was witnessing was wrong, yet I never spoke up because I did not the bully to start bothering me. I have now realized not reporting bullying is just as bad as bullying itself.

          I deeply regret never standing up to these bullies or even telling an adult. I hope by writing this book I will encourage younger children to not make the same mistakes I did. I want to show children that they should not fear standing up for people by reporting a bully because there are no consequences of doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment